Liam Kelly and Gavin Massey set to exit Leyton Orient following relegation
- Credit: Archant
Brisbane Road club braced for exodus of senior players, but have offered new deals to Michael Collins and Sandro Semedo
Gavin Massey and Liam Kelly are among several players set to leave Leyton Orient this summer following relegation to the National League.
The pair were two of O’s best performers in League Two, but will depart Brisbane Road on a free transfer despite signing three-year deals in 2016.
Massey and Kelly, along with Tom Parkes and Jordan Bowery, have exercised an option in their contract to leave Orient after relegation.
A number of other players will move on with their current deals expiring this summer and they include Alex Cisak, Nicky Hunt and Paul McCallum.
You may also want to watch:
The likes of Jens Janse, Callum Kennedy, Sammy Moore, Nigel Atangana, Freddy Moncur, Sam Alderson, Ulrich Nnomo and Ollie Palmer are all exiting O’s too.
Orient have, however, offered contracts to Charlie Grainger, Sandro Semedo, Michael Collins and Victor Adeboyejo. Meanwhile third-year scholar deals have also been offered to Dan Happe, Rian McLean as well as Charley Barker.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
Fellow youngster Michael Clark has also signed a professional deal to remain at the club for next season, although the length of his contract has yet to be disclosed.
French duo Teddy Mezague and Yvan Erichot appear set to be at Orient next season along with captain Robbie Weir, who is recovering from an ACL injury.
Youngsters Sam Dalby, Tristan Abrahams, Steven Alzate, Myles Judd, Josh Koroma, Henry Ochieng, Aron Pollock and Sam Sargeant all have contracts until at least the end of next season.
Nevertheless, a big rebuilding job is required at Brisbane Road with current O’s boss Omer Riza confirming yesterday that he has had no say on who is retained or released by the club.