Lib Dems ask Eaton to fight Barking and Dagenham seat to keep Griffin out
RUMOUR has it that one East End politician has been approached to fight to keep BNP leader Nick Griffin out of Westminster. Tower Hamlets Lib Dem leader Stephanie Eaton is said to be thinking about a flattering offer to fight for the Barking and Dag
RUMOUR has it that one East End politician has been approached to fight to keep BNP leader Nick Griffin out of Westminster.
Tower Hamlets Lib Dem leader Stephanie Eaton is said to be thinking about a 'flattering ' offer to fight for the Barking and Dagenham seat which Mr Griffin has got in his sight.
Labour's Minister of State for Culture, Media and sport currently holds the seat and has a 8,883 majority and will be defending her seat.
Ms Eaton is a senior lecturer in criminology at Kingston University represents Bethnal Green North on Tower Hamlets council and is one of four Lib Dem councillors in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
She has seats on the council's overview and scrutiny committee, audit panel, standards and strategic development committees, overview and health scrutiny bodies.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff