Lib Dems ask Eaton to fight Barking and Dagenham seat to keep Griffin out
RUMOUR has it that one East End politician has been approached to fight to keep BNP leader Nick Griffin out of Westminster. Tower Hamlets Lib Dem leader Stephanie Eaton is said to be thinking about a flattering offer to fight for the Barking and Dag
RUMOUR has it that one East End politician has been approached to fight to keep BNP leader Nick Griffin out of Westminster.
Tower Hamlets Lib Dem leader Stephanie Eaton is said to be thinking about a 'flattering ' offer to fight for the Barking and Dagenham seat which Mr Griffin has got in his sight.
Labour's Minister of State for Culture, Media and sport currently holds the seat and has a 8,883 majority and will be defending her seat.
Ms Eaton is a senior lecturer in criminology at Kingston University represents Bethnal Green North on Tower Hamlets council and is one of four Lib Dem councillors in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
She has seats on the council's overview and scrutiny committee, audit panel, standards and strategic development committees, overview and health scrutiny bodies.
- 1 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 2 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block
- 6 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 7 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 8 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election