Lib Dems ask Eaton to fight Barking and Dagenham seat to keep Griffin out
RUMOUR has it that one East End politician has been approached to fight to keep BNP leader Nick Griffin out of Westminster. Tower Hamlets Lib Dem leader Stephanie Eaton is said to be thinking about a flattering offer to fight for the Barking and Dag
RUMOUR has it that one East End politician has been approached to fight to keep BNP leader Nick Griffin out of Westminster.
Tower Hamlets Lib Dem leader Stephanie Eaton is said to be thinking about a 'flattering ' offer to fight for the Barking and Dagenham seat which Mr Griffin has got in his sight.
Labour's Minister of State for Culture, Media and sport currently holds the seat and has a 8,883 majority and will be defending her seat.
Ms Eaton is a senior lecturer in criminology at Kingston University represents Bethnal Green North on Tower Hamlets council and is one of four Lib Dem councillors in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
She has seats on the council's overview and scrutiny committee, audit panel, standards and strategic development committees, overview and health scrutiny bodies.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 9 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 10 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy