Lifelong Wapping resident celebrates centenary
- Credit: Archant
A lifelong Wapping resident celebrated her 100th birthday yesterday.
Margaret Kibbs was born in Prusom Street on July 14 1914 and lived in Riverside Mansions before moving to her current home in Rum Close.
She is a life-long worshipper at St Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church - where she also went to school and was christened.
She worked locally in biscuit factory Meredith and Drew in Shadwell and Trumans brewery in Brick Lane before taking early retirement to care for her mother until she passed away aged 92.
Margaret enjoyed a birthday party with family and friends on Sunday, including her 11 nieces and nephews, 11 great nephews and nieces and 20 great-great nephew and nieces, ahead of her birthday the following day.
Niece Monica Pridie, said: “It was lovely because it was the first time that she had seen some of them for years.”
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi