Limehouse accountant cooks up a storm
An accountant is set to swap her calculator for the kitchen and cook up a storm on a new Channel 4 reality TV series launching on Monday.
Wincy Lee, 34, who lives near Limehouse Cut will put her culinary skills to the test, competing against other wannabe-chefs on new show Cookery School, aired at 2pm on January 28.
Hosted by Michelin-starred chef, Richard Corrigan, and food writer, Gizzi Erskine, the show will see Wincy whipping up her favourite Thai and Chinese dishes.
Her signature dish is beef satay on skewers with stir fried pak choi and garlic served with egg fried rice.
Wincy is no stranger to the kitchen after her parents set up a Chinese takeaway restaurant 40 years ago. Seven of her siblings run their own takeaway businesses and she is the only member of the family who does not make her living in the food industry.
You may also want to watch:
But she admits that until recently she always found cooking a chore. Wincy added that one of her greatest strengths was her speed in the kitchen, “my mum used to tell me if you’re not quick, you’re lazy.”
And the Hackney council worker is obsessed with good food and special occasions are celebrated at top restaurants. Her husband proposed to her at Heston Blumenthal’s Fat Duck restaurant and her wedding reception was at top London hotel Claridges.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 6 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 7 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 8 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets