Limehouse Link reopens after serious crash leaves man in hospital
- Credit: Met Police
The Limehouse Link tunnel has reopened after a serious collision between a lorry and a moped this morning.
Road closures were in place eastbound as the moped rider, a man in his 30s, was taken to an east London hospital with chest and spinal injuries at about 9.30am.
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening, said a Met Police spokeswoman.
“We sent a number of resources to the scene including an incident response officer, a motorcycle responder and an ambulance crew,” a spokesman for London Ambulance Service added. “We also dispatched London’s Air Ambulance by car.”
The highway remains slow to Wapping Lane, according to Transport for London.
You may also want to watch:
The A13 Commercial Road is slow eastbound with queues stretching to Gowers Walk.
Westbound traffic in the Limehouse Tunnel is free flowing.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
Drivers are warned to expect delays.