Limehouse Link blocked after ‘boy racers’ get out of cars in tunnel
- Credit: Google Street Images
The Limehouse link tunnel on the A1203 had one lane blocked last night due to ‘boy racers’.
‘Boy racers’ blocked part of the Limehouse Link tunnel after parking up and getting out of their cars.
A video circulated on social media shows a large number of vehicles parked with flashing lights on one of the lanes, blocking traffic from passing through the tunnel, which connects Limehouse to Canary Wharf.
Some of the drivers were seen having got out of the vehicles, standing in the tunnel and taking pictures on their phones.
A spokeswoman for Transport for London said: “At 22:48 on September 30 there were what appeared to be a group of ‘boy racers’ parked up in lane two of the tunnel.
You may also want to watch:
“We contacted police however at 22:50 they had moved off, so no further action was taken and the tunnel reopened.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?