Limited edition Poppy balls to be used in all Football League matches taking place this weekend
- Credit: Joe Meredith/JMP
Royal British Legion’s iconic Poppy logo will be used for Leyton Orient’s fixture at Colchester United on Saturday
Limited edition Mitre match balls are to be used for Leyton Orient’s clash at Colchester United on Saturday and in all other League One and Two matches in a mark of respect for the fallen.
The balls, each branded with the Royal British Legion’s iconic Poppy logo are to be used in fixtures taking place this weekend.
The balls are part of a campaign by English Football League title sponsor Sky Bet to raise funds for this year’s Poppy Appeal, and a signed shirt from each of the 48 League One and Two teams will be auctioned later this month.
In two previous campaigns working alongside the legion they have raised over £200,000.
You may also want to watch:
Sky Bet spokesman Sandro Di Michele said: “We’re delighted to be continuing our relationship with the Royal British Legion into a third season after raising a terrific amount of money last year. The Poppy balls are fitting way to show our support to this worthiest of causes.”
The Royal British Legion’s Chris Vernazza said: “We’d like to extend our gratitude to Sky Bet for supporting the Legion through the shirt auction and the Poppy balls this year.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
“The money raised for the Poppy Appeal goes towards supporting vital services such as The Royal British Legion’s Family Holiday Breaks, providing the families of serving and ex-Service personnel the chance to take a break away from the strains of everyday life.”
To register your interest in the auction, please visit: www.skybet.com/poppy.