Live Nation to host Victoria Park’s Olympics coverage
INTERNATIONAL events promoter Live Nation will put together Tower Hamlets’ ‘Festival Live’ coverage events for the Olympics, it was announced today.
Victoria Park has been chosen along with three others across London to host its own coverage of the Games next year.
Giant outdoor screens will be put up and concerts and cultural performances will take place during the two-week run.
Hyde Park, Trafalgar Square and Potter’s Field, next to City Hall, will also host events.
Each site’s programme will be unique.
You may also want to watch:
Live Nation has produced a string of huge events in the capital in past years including Live 8, Concert for Diana and Wireless Festival.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman, said: “Victoria Park is undergoing a multi-million pound makeover ahead of London 2012.”
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
All four sites will be free to the public apart from the opening and closing ceremonies and final torch relay day.
Mayor of London Boris Johnson said the Olympics will be the “greatest show on earth”.