Live Nation to host Victoria Park’s Olympics coverage
INTERNATIONAL events promoter Live Nation will put together Tower Hamlets’ ‘Festival Live’ coverage events for the Olympics, it was announced today.
Victoria Park has been chosen along with three others across London to host its own coverage of the Games next year.
Giant outdoor screens will be put up and concerts and cultural performances will take place during the two-week run.
Hyde Park, Trafalgar Square and Potter’s Field, next to City Hall, will also host events.
Each site’s programme will be unique.
You may also want to watch:
Live Nation has produced a string of huge events in the capital in past years including Live 8, Concert for Diana and Wireless Festival.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets, Lutfur Rahman, said: “Victoria Park is undergoing a multi-million pound makeover ahead of London 2012.”
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 4 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 9 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 10 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
All four sites will be free to the public apart from the opening and closing ceremonies and final torch relay day.
Mayor of London Boris Johnson said the Olympics will be the “greatest show on earth”.