Duo to perform live-streamed improv comedy show in aid of Shoreditch arts venue
- Credit: Archant
Improvised comedy performers are putting on a live, online show to help save a Shoreditch venue.
Ashley J and Tee-J return with their fast-paced comedy show ACTing Up! in aid of a fundraiser by arts hub Rich Mix.
They’ll go head to head with no back up to create sketches, songs and scenarios based on viewers’ suggestions – umpired by DJ B-Radz - on Thursday, June 11, from 7pm-7.45pm.
Rich Mix has supported more than 15 of their events, given them rehearsal space and helped with marketing and technical needs.
Ashley J said: “Rich Mix is a fantastic venue that is the heartbeat of the East End surrounded the soul of London.
“It champions diversity and supports many new, emerging, and established artists.”
Tee-J added: “It oozes art, community, and energy - not just the building, but the people.”
- 1 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 2 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 3 Reports of man 'carrying metal pole' in Isle of Dogs
- 4 Convicted: Met special constable who assaulted man in custody
- 5 Bow man charged after Dagenham stabbing given court date
- 6 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 7 XR activists cleared over storming Shadwell station in climate change protest
- 8 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 9 Teenager 'punched, kicked' by three men at DLR station
- 10 All aboard: Seven quirky houseboats to try this year in London
Watch the free show on Instagram @richmixlondon and @ACTingUpcomedy and Facebook page ‘Ashley J & Tee-J’.
Visit the ‘#SaveOurVenues - Rich Mix’ page on Crowdfunder to donate.