8-hour dance marathon for Headway East London for those with stamina
A DANCE marathon is planned in London’s East End for anyone with the stamina to stay on their feet for eight hours.
It’s the third annual shindig in aid of Headway East London brain injury support charity, which is being held at Bethnal Green’s Rich Mix arts centre on February 26.
“We hope to set a new record in the number of dancers,” said organiser Sandra Ma, “Our target is raising �20,000 by dancers being sponsored.
“We need the support from anyone, whether they have been affected by brain injury or just love dancing.”
They can take part, whatever ability or age, in the endurance challenge from 3pm to 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Live acts on stage include Bollywood Dance London, Cut A Shine hoedown dance group, Swing Patrol, Funk Soul Brothers, Craven Braves and White Wedding DJs.
Previous dance marathons, including last year’s event with comedienne Jo Brand making a guest appearance (pictured), have brought in �25,000 for the charity’s new centre in Shoreditch.
- 1 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 6 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Shadrach Ogie back in contention for O's trip to Bristol Rovers
- 9 Orient aiming to climb the table with first away win of the season
- 10 Toynbee Hall photo exhibition tells community's stories of lockdown
All money raised on February 26 is going towards running Headway House in Kingsland Road, the only brain injury specific centre in inner London supporting those affected by brain injury.
Wannabe marathon dancers can register online at: firstname.lastname@example.org.