8-hour dance marathon for Headway East London for those with stamina
A DANCE marathon is planned in London’s East End for anyone with the stamina to stay on their feet for eight hours.
It’s the third annual shindig in aid of Headway East London brain injury support charity, which is being held at Bethnal Green’s Rich Mix arts centre on February 26.
“We hope to set a new record in the number of dancers,” said organiser Sandra Ma, “Our target is raising �20,000 by dancers being sponsored.
“We need the support from anyone, whether they have been affected by brain injury or just love dancing.”
They can take part, whatever ability or age, in the endurance challenge from 3pm to 11pm.
Live acts on stage include Bollywood Dance London, Cut A Shine hoedown dance group, Swing Patrol, Funk Soul Brothers, Craven Braves and White Wedding DJs.
Previous dance marathons, including last year’s event with comedienne Jo Brand making a guest appearance (pictured), have brought in �25,000 for the charity’s new centre in Shoreditch.
- 1 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 2 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 3 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 4 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 5 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 9 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 10 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
All money raised on February 26 is going towards running Headway House in Kingsland Road, the only brain injury specific centre in inner London supporting those affected by brain injury.
Wannabe marathon dancers can register online at: firstname.lastname@example.org.