Apprentices open day planned at Poplar by Tower Hamlets Council to recruit for TfL
- Credit: TfL
An open day to recruit apprentices to work in public transport is being held in Poplar “to tap into east London’s economic growth”.
It is being organised by Tower Hamlets Council at the end of the month with TfL when recruitment teams making presentations on apprenticeships being created this year.
It follows plans by the council to press businesses and industry in the East End to create 1,000 places.
“TfL is looking to find its next generation of apprentices,” Tower Hamlets Mayor John Biggs explained.
“This will help anyone considering a career change or looking for a job to tap into the benefits of east London’s economic growth.”
You may also want to watch:
Those already in apprenticeships will also be on hand at the open day to answer questions on the application process and on their experience so far.
Most visible TfL staff are at stations and on trains and buses. But there is a large workforce behind the scenes keeping services running 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
TfL is looking for people to fill specialist roles such as engineering, signalling, IT, cyber security, finance, procurement, planning, quantity surveying, human resources and project management.
Applicants don’t need experience, but are expected to have five GCSEs including maths and English. They earn the London living wage while getting qualifications on the job.
The recruitment open day on January 31 is at the council’s WorkPath employment and training service at 55 Upper Bank Street in Poplar, 3-7pm, near Poplar DLR. Places can be booked by calling 020-7364 0626 or emailing email@example.com.