Apprentices open day planned at Poplar by Tower Hamlets Council to recruit for TfL
- Credit: TfL
An open day to recruit apprentices to work in public transport is being held in Poplar “to tap into east London’s economic growth”.
It is being organised by Tower Hamlets Council at the end of the month with TfL when recruitment teams making presentations on apprenticeships being created this year.
It follows plans by the council to press businesses and industry in the East End to create 1,000 places.
“TfL is looking to find its next generation of apprentices,” Tower Hamlets Mayor John Biggs explained.
“This will help anyone considering a career change or looking for a job to tap into the benefits of east London’s economic growth.”
You may also want to watch:
Those already in apprenticeships will also be on hand at the open day to answer questions on the application process and on their experience so far.
Most visible TfL staff are at stations and on trains and buses. But there is a large workforce behind the scenes keeping services running 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- 1 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 2 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 5 Witness appeal continues a month after youth stabbed in Shadwell
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
TfL is looking for people to fill specialist roles such as engineering, signalling, IT, cyber security, finance, procurement, planning, quantity surveying, human resources and project management.
Applicants don’t need experience, but are expected to have five GCSEs including maths and English. They earn the London living wage while getting qualifications on the job.
The recruitment open day on January 31 is at the council’s WorkPath employment and training service at 55 Upper Bank Street in Poplar, 3-7pm, near Poplar DLR. Places can be booked by calling 020-7364 0626 or emailing email@example.com.