Cityscape luxury tower block snapped up two years before its ready
- Credit: Telford Homes
Just entering the luxury end of the property market is the 12-storey Cityscape tower block at Whitechapel in London’s East End—but most of it is already sold and won’t be ready to move in for another two years anyway.
Contractors are still working on the Telford development, the latest upmarket housing scheme to appear in the City Fringe corridor, completed by 2015.
It is being pushed as “the new Mecca for professionals” looking to buy or rent within walking distance of Aldgate, The Tower of London, Spitalfields Market, Petticoat Lane, the bars and restaurants along Brick Lane’s ‘curry mile’ and galleries such as The Whitechapel, The Hoxton, White Cube and Electric Blue.
The complex has 128 apartments including penthouses, suites and flats with one, two and three bedrooms. Prices start from £315,000 for a studio apartment—but there are none of these left. Only three-bed flats remain, starting at £700,000.
It includes a residents’ gym, concierge service and rooftop terrace overlooking the London skyline. Each apartment has under-floor heating, security system with CCTV and video entry phone, balcony or terrace and access to a landscaped private courtyard garden.
The development also includes a £4m external refurbishment of Denning Point on the corner of Wentworth Street, for East End Homes, providing 68 new low-cost and 13 shared-ownership homes.
Potential buyers for Cityscape can register interest online at www.telfordhomes.plc.uk/cityscape/
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 5 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi