Consultation to be held over plans for Stepney Green
- Credit: Archant
The council will be seeking the opinions of local residents as they begin the consultation process on improvements to Stepney Green.
The planned improvements aim to create better connected walking and cycling routes, safer roads and to reduce noise pollution caused by traffic.
It is believed that the proposed changes will make the area a safer and healthier place to live as the plans aim to improve air quality in the ward.
“This is an exciting opportunity to improve the streets of Stepney,” said the Mayor of Tower Hamlets, John Biggs. “There are lots of small changes we could make which would really improve the streets in this area, create better access for all and discourage dangerous driving.
“We want to know what residents think and where small changes could make a big difference.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve put forward some of our own ideas, but we know that it’s local residents who know their streets best. So we are inviting them to share their ideas, and together transform Stepney, making it an even better place to live.”
Throughout the next two months the council will be holding consultations offering the people from the community the chance to provide feedback on what they like and dislike about the plans.
- 1 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
The council has said that after rolling out the improvements in Stepney other areas across the borough will follow suit.
For more details and to view the main survey visit pclconsult.co.uk/towerhamlets.