Drug addict who dragged pensioner, 92, along ground in Hoxton robbery is facing jail
- Credit: MPS
A violent drug addict arrested in Bethnal Green two weeks after dragging a 92-year-old woman along the pavement during a robbery in broad daylight is facing jail.
Sanchez Edwards, 28, admitted the robbery when he appeared at Wood Green Crown court today.
The pensioner was arriving at a medical centre in Hoxton on June 27 when Edwards grabbed her handbag from behind with such force that she was dragged along the pavement for several feet, screaming in pain.
The recently-widowed woman suffered severe bruising and was left with cracked ribs and a limp.
Edwards, who has a history of illicit drug use, was a paranoid schizophrenic patient who had failed to return to psychiatric unit in Hackney from unescorted leave in May.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested in Bethnal Green Gardens on July 10 after a police chase and has now been remanded in custody for sentence on October 10.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant