Drug dealer found with £170,000 near Canary Wharf is jailed 10 years
- Credit: MPS
A drug dealer arrested in a ‘safe house’ near Canary Wharf which he used to mix heroin and cocaine and keep his cash profits has been jailed for 10-and-a-half years.
Shipu Miah, 23, was arrested in east London by detectives who raided the property where they found quantities of drugs and £171,000 cash.
Miah, from Ford Road in Bow, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday after previously admitting possession with intent to supply heroin and cocaine.
He also pleaded guilty to possessing the cash as criminal property when he first appeared in October.
Det Con Matthew Foy, from the Met’s Organised Crime Command, said: “The sentence sends a message to those who think supplying hard drugs is a way to earn a living. The impact on the people of London is severe and this has been reflected in this sentence.”
You may also want to watch:
Miah was collared last June when officers raided the property in Prince Meridian Walk, by the Thames waterfront at Blackwall, which he was using as a “safe house” for mixing and storing Class A drugs. Police recovered 2kg of heroin, 1kg of Cocaine, 54kg of cutting agent and the cash.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 10 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints