Drug dealer found with £170,000 near Canary Wharf is jailed 10 years
- Credit: MPS
A drug dealer arrested in a ‘safe house’ near Canary Wharf which he used to mix heroin and cocaine and keep his cash profits has been jailed for 10-and-a-half years.
Shipu Miah, 23, was arrested in east London by detectives who raided the property where they found quantities of drugs and £171,000 cash.
Miah, from Ford Road in Bow, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday after previously admitting possession with intent to supply heroin and cocaine.
He also pleaded guilty to possessing the cash as criminal property when he first appeared in October.
Det Con Matthew Foy, from the Met’s Organised Crime Command, said: “The sentence sends a message to those who think supplying hard drugs is a way to earn a living. The impact on the people of London is severe and this has been reflected in this sentence.”
You may also want to watch:
Miah was collared last June when officers raided the property in Prince Meridian Walk, by the Thames waterfront at Blackwall, which he was using as a “safe house” for mixing and storing Class A drugs. Police recovered 2kg of heroin, 1kg of Cocaine, 54kg of cutting agent and the cash.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 7 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
- 8 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike