Drug dealer found with £170,000 near Canary Wharf is jailed 10 years
- Credit: MPS
A drug dealer arrested in a ‘safe house’ near Canary Wharf which he used to mix heroin and cocaine and keep his cash profits has been jailed for 10-and-a-half years.
Shipu Miah, 23, was arrested in east London by detectives who raided the property where they found quantities of drugs and £171,000 cash.
Miah, from Ford Road in Bow, was sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on Friday after previously admitting possession with intent to supply heroin and cocaine.
He also pleaded guilty to possessing the cash as criminal property when he first appeared in October.
Det Con Matthew Foy, from the Met’s Organised Crime Command, said: “The sentence sends a message to those who think supplying hard drugs is a way to earn a living. The impact on the people of London is severe and this has been reflected in this sentence.”
Miah was collared last June when officers raided the property in Prince Meridian Walk, by the Thames waterfront at Blackwall, which he was using as a “safe house” for mixing and storing Class A drugs. Police recovered 2kg of heroin, 1kg of Cocaine, 54kg of cutting agent and the cash.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 3 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 7 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents