Election 2010: Lib Dem candidate pledges to clamp-down on bankers' bonuses
LIB DEM MP candidate Ajmal Masroor says his party s crackdown on bankers bonuses would help the people of the East End. Mr Masroor who is fighting for the Bethnal Green and Bow seat in the General Election insists that under the Liberal Democrats, exce
LIB DEM MP candidate Ajmal Masroor says his party's crackdown on bankers' bonuses would help the people of the East End.
Mr Masroor who is fighting for the Bethnal Green and Bow seat in the General Election insists that under the Liberal Democrats, excessive cash bonuses will come to an end and there will be no bonuses for board members.
He said: "The bonus driven, greed and excess infused culture has negatively impacted the local people in Tower Hamlets.
"Ordinary people, especially those who have lived for generations in the borough, a borough sandwiched between the City and the Docklands still suffer from the highest number of youth unemployment, deprivation and underachievement.
You may also want to watch:
"They have seen local houses priced beyond their reach and the council authorising luxury and private developments at the expense of social and affordable homes.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones