Election 2010: Lib Dem candidate pledges to clamp-down on bankers' bonuses
LIB DEM MP candidate Ajmal Masroor says his party s crackdown on bankers bonuses would help the people of the East End. Mr Masroor who is fighting for the Bethnal Green and Bow seat in the General Election insists that under the Liberal Democrats, exce
LIB DEM MP candidate Ajmal Masroor says his party's crackdown on bankers' bonuses would help the people of the East End.
Mr Masroor who is fighting for the Bethnal Green and Bow seat in the General Election insists that under the Liberal Democrats, excessive cash bonuses will come to an end and there will be no bonuses for board members.
He said: "The bonus driven, greed and excess infused culture has negatively impacted the local people in Tower Hamlets.
"Ordinary people, especially those who have lived for generations in the borough, a borough sandwiched between the City and the Docklands still suffer from the highest number of youth unemployment, deprivation and underachievement.
You may also want to watch:
"They have seen local houses priced beyond their reach and the council authorising luxury and private developments at the expense of social and affordable homes.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 Tower Hamlets strike called off after turnout for union ballot is too low