Election 2010: Lib Dem candidate pledges to clamp-down on bankers' bonuses
LIB DEM MP candidate Ajmal Masroor says his party s crackdown on bankers bonuses would help the people of the East End. Mr Masroor who is fighting for the Bethnal Green and Bow seat in the General Election insists that under the Liberal Democrats, exce
LIB DEM MP candidate Ajmal Masroor says his party's crackdown on bankers' bonuses would help the people of the East End.
Mr Masroor who is fighting for the Bethnal Green and Bow seat in the General Election insists that under the Liberal Democrats, excessive cash bonuses will come to an end and there will be no bonuses for board members.
He said: "The bonus driven, greed and excess infused culture has negatively impacted the local people in Tower Hamlets.
"Ordinary people, especially those who have lived for generations in the borough, a borough sandwiched between the City and the Docklands still suffer from the highest number of youth unemployment, deprivation and underachievement.
You may also want to watch:
"They have seen local houses priced beyond their reach and the council authorising luxury and private developments at the expense of social and affordable homes.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals