Election 2010: Tower Hamlets Lib Dem candidates kick-off their campaigns
TOWER Hamlets Lib Dem parliamentary candidates launched their election campaign last night as they pledged to create a fairer borough. Bethnal Green and Bow MP candidate Ajmal Masroor and Poplar and Limehouse candidate Jonathan Fryer set out their
TOWER Hamlets' Lib Dem parliamentary candidates launched their election campaign last night as they pledged to "create a fairer" borough.
Bethnal Green and Bow MP candidate Ajmal Masroor and Poplar and Limehouse candidate Jonathan Fryer set out their manifesto at the Sonorgaon Restaurant in Osborne Street.
Their key priorities include tackling overcrowding and dealing with the borough's housing shortage.
Mr Masroor said: "We have a comprehensive plan to build a fairer society for all by removing the very poorest in our community from taxation all together, investing in young people by building more schools and reducing class sizes.
You may also want to watch:
"And by reversing the overcrowded social housing that has been allowed by the Labour council.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 3 Leyton Orient boosted by potential returns of Smyth and Drinan for Salford trip
- 4 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Budding east London cricketers invited to watch The Hundred
- 7 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 8 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 10 Youngsters have put themselves in Jackett's plans at Orient says Pratley