Entrepreneurs could soon rent business space at Whitechapel Idea Store
- Credit: TH Council
Enterprising people who want to set up in business could soon be offered space at their local library centre in London’s East End.
The Whitechapel Idea Store is thinking of offering flexible working space for them to set up or run their own business.
Freelancers and start-up businesses would book meeting rooms, flexible office space and even conferencing facilities in an environment where they could network and trade.
“There’s an increase in popularity of flexible workspaces in London,” Tower Hamlets council’s Idea Stores chief Judith St John said.
“The growing numbers of freelancers and start-up businesses needing somewhere to work.
You may also want to watch:
“But sometimes these spaces can be too expensive for those at the early stage of their career or new business.”
So the council, with this in mind, is looking at creating an “affordable” workspace in Whitechapel where budding entrepreneurs aren’t deterred by high costs.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 6 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 CCTV images released of missing man last seen at Bow Road Station
- 9 Man, 19, charged after alleged sexual assaults in Tower Hamlets
- 10 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
The Idea Store in Whitechapel Road is holding a public consultation between 4 and 8pm on July 13, to work out how the project can run, where anyone with ideas can put forward suggestions.