Entrepreneurs could soon rent business space at Whitechapel Idea Store
- Credit: TH Council
Enterprising people who want to set up in business could soon be offered space at their local library centre in London’s East End.
The Whitechapel Idea Store is thinking of offering flexible working space for them to set up or run their own business.
Freelancers and start-up businesses would book meeting rooms, flexible office space and even conferencing facilities in an environment where they could network and trade.
“There’s an increase in popularity of flexible workspaces in London,” Tower Hamlets council’s Idea Stores chief Judith St John said.
“The growing numbers of freelancers and start-up businesses needing somewhere to work.
You may also want to watch:
“But sometimes these spaces can be too expensive for those at the early stage of their career or new business.”
So the council, with this in mind, is looking at creating an “affordable” workspace in Whitechapel where budding entrepreneurs aren’t deterred by high costs.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
The Idea Store in Whitechapel Road is holding a public consultation between 4 and 8pm on July 13, to work out how the project can run, where anyone with ideas can put forward suggestions.