Entrepreneurs could soon rent business space at Whitechapel Idea Store
- Credit: TH Council
Enterprising people who want to set up in business could soon be offered space at their local library centre in London’s East End.
The Whitechapel Idea Store is thinking of offering flexible working space for them to set up or run their own business.
Freelancers and start-up businesses would book meeting rooms, flexible office space and even conferencing facilities in an environment where they could network and trade.
“There’s an increase in popularity of flexible workspaces in London,” Tower Hamlets council’s Idea Stores chief Judith St John said.
“The growing numbers of freelancers and start-up businesses needing somewhere to work.
You may also want to watch:
“But sometimes these spaces can be too expensive for those at the early stage of their career or new business.”
So the council, with this in mind, is looking at creating an “affordable” workspace in Whitechapel where budding entrepreneurs aren’t deterred by high costs.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
The Idea Store in Whitechapel Road is holding a public consultation between 4 and 8pm on July 13, to work out how the project can run, where anyone with ideas can put forward suggestions.