Entrepreneurs could soon rent business space at Whitechapel Idea Store
- Credit: TH Council
Enterprising people who want to set up in business could soon be offered space at their local library centre in London’s East End.
The Whitechapel Idea Store is thinking of offering flexible working space for them to set up or run their own business.
Freelancers and start-up businesses would book meeting rooms, flexible office space and even conferencing facilities in an environment where they could network and trade.
“There’s an increase in popularity of flexible workspaces in London,” Tower Hamlets council’s Idea Stores chief Judith St John said.
“The growing numbers of freelancers and start-up businesses needing somewhere to work.
You may also want to watch:
“But sometimes these spaces can be too expensive for those at the early stage of their career or new business.”
So the council, with this in mind, is looking at creating an “affordable” workspace in Whitechapel where budding entrepreneurs aren’t deterred by high costs.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 9 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 10 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
The Idea Store in Whitechapel Road is holding a public consultation between 4 and 8pm on July 13, to work out how the project can run, where anyone with ideas can put forward suggestions.