Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick votes for Theresa May’s Brexit deal
- Credit: UK Parliament
Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick has voted in support of Theresa May’s Brexit deal despite overwhelming support for remain from his constituents.
This is the first time he has supported May’s deal in a vote.
A total of five Labour MPs voted for May’s plan in the third ‘meaningful vote’ on Brexit, but only Mr Fitzpatrick came from a remain-voting constituency.
In 2016, 67.4 per cent of Tower Hamlets voters supported remaining in the EU.
Mr Fitzpatrick previously voted down proposals that would prevent a no-deal Brexit and voted against a second referendum in Wednesday’s indicative votes.
You may also want to watch:
He has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt