Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick votes for Theresa May’s Brexit deal
- Credit: UK Parliament
Poplar and Limehouse MP Jim Fitzpatrick has voted in support of Theresa May’s Brexit deal despite overwhelming support for remain from his constituents.
This is the first time he has supported May’s deal in a vote.
A total of five Labour MPs voted for May’s plan in the third ‘meaningful vote’ on Brexit, but only Mr Fitzpatrick came from a remain-voting constituency.
In 2016, 67.4 per cent of Tower Hamlets voters supported remaining in the EU.
Mr Fitzpatrick previously voted down proposals that would prevent a no-deal Brexit and voted against a second referendum in Wednesday’s indicative votes.
You may also want to watch:
He has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 4 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places