Illegal Spitalfields rave swooped on
AN illegal rave was swopped on by council officers after East Enders complained about the excessive noise.
Fed-up residents called Tower Hamlets out of hours emergency noise service to complain about the party in Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, which was running into the early hours of Sunday January 30.
Using a Noise Abatement Notice, officers managed to get the ravers to pack up their equipment and leave.
James Hurst, who lives in the street, said: “I was being driven to the edge by the level of noise. The officers did a great job.”
In the past year, the council has been called out more than 8,000 times over complaints about noise.
You may also want to watch:
Almost half of the grievances were about loud music, with 211 about noise from bars and clubs.
Officers have whacked 55 notices on perpetrators since April last year.
- 1 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 2 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 3 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 4 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 7 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 8 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 9 Trial of Poplar and Limehouse MP opens on 'housing fraud' charges
- 10 Green light for £1m in levies to be used for East End fire rescue ladder
Those who do not comply can have their equipment seized and face a �20,000 fine.
Officers can be called on 0207 364 7070.