Illegal Spitalfields rave swooped on
AN illegal rave was swopped on by council officers after East Enders complained about the excessive noise.
Fed-up residents called Tower Hamlets out of hours emergency noise service to complain about the party in Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, which was running into the early hours of Sunday January 30.
Using a Noise Abatement Notice, officers managed to get the ravers to pack up their equipment and leave.
James Hurst, who lives in the street, said: “I was being driven to the edge by the level of noise. The officers did a great job.”
In the past year, the council has been called out more than 8,000 times over complaints about noise.
You may also want to watch:
Almost half of the grievances were about loud music, with 211 about noise from bars and clubs.
Officers have whacked 55 notices on perpetrators since April last year.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 6 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 8 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
Those who do not comply can have their equipment seized and face a �20,000 fine.
Officers can be called on 0207 364 7070.