Illegal Spitalfields rave swooped on
AN illegal rave was swopped on by council officers after East Enders complained about the excessive noise.
Fed-up residents called Tower Hamlets out of hours emergency noise service to complain about the party in Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, which was running into the early hours of Sunday January 30.
Using a Noise Abatement Notice, officers managed to get the ravers to pack up their equipment and leave.
James Hurst, who lives in the street, said: “I was being driven to the edge by the level of noise. The officers did a great job.”
In the past year, the council has been called out more than 8,000 times over complaints about noise.
You may also want to watch:
Almost half of the grievances were about loud music, with 211 about noise from bars and clubs.
Officers have whacked 55 notices on perpetrators since April last year.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Those who do not comply can have their equipment seized and face a �20,000 fine.
Officers can be called on 0207 364 7070.