Illegal Spitalfields rave swooped on
AN illegal rave was swopped on by council officers after East Enders complained about the excessive noise.
Fed-up residents called Tower Hamlets out of hours emergency noise service to complain about the party in Hanbury Street, Spitalfields, which was running into the early hours of Sunday January 30.
Using a Noise Abatement Notice, officers managed to get the ravers to pack up their equipment and leave.
James Hurst, who lives in the street, said: “I was being driven to the edge by the level of noise. The officers did a great job.”
In the past year, the council has been called out more than 8,000 times over complaints about noise.
You may also want to watch:
Almost half of the grievances were about loud music, with 211 about noise from bars and clubs.
Officers have whacked 55 notices on perpetrators since April last year.
- 1 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 2 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 5 Witness appeal continues a month after youth stabbed in Shadwell
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 Rabina Khan: 'We need powers to hold housing associations accountable'
Those who do not comply can have their equipment seized and face a �20,000 fine.
Officers can be called on 0207 364 7070.