London Assembly’s John Biggs calls for action on A11 Bow Roundabout
London Assembly Member John Biggs is calling for safety measures to be hurried up on the notorious A11 Bow roundabout in east London where two cyclists were killed last year.
He has criticised TfL this week over failing to complete the redesign of the congested roundabout, which connects the A11 Bow Road with the A12 Blackwall Tunnel Approach.
The measures proposed after the fatal accidents were supposed to be completed by the summer—but the changes still haven’t been made, John Biggs points out.
“The Mayor needs to keep his promise on safety at Bow roundabout,” he said. “It’s critical that the measures promised are put in place immediately, now the Olympics are finished.”
Proposals would include new footway surfacing, lighting, and adding pedestrian signals to crossings.
You may also want to watch:
But TfL is concerned about pedestrian lights which would add to the massive traffic jams at one of London’s busiest junctions.
- 1 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones