London Assembly’s John Biggs calls for action on A11 Bow Roundabout
London Assembly Member John Biggs is calling for safety measures to be hurried up on the notorious A11 Bow roundabout in east London where two cyclists were killed last year.
He has criticised TfL this week over failing to complete the redesign of the congested roundabout, which connects the A11 Bow Road with the A12 Blackwall Tunnel Approach.
The measures proposed after the fatal accidents were supposed to be completed by the summer—but the changes still haven’t been made, John Biggs points out.
“The Mayor needs to keep his promise on safety at Bow roundabout,” he said. “It’s critical that the measures promised are put in place immediately, now the Olympics are finished.”
Proposals would include new footway surfacing, lighting, and adding pedestrian signals to crossings.
You may also want to watch:
But TfL is concerned about pedestrian lights which would add to the massive traffic jams at one of London’s busiest junctions.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 3 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 4 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'