London Assembly’s John Biggs calls for action on A11 Bow Roundabout
London Assembly Member John Biggs is calling for safety measures to be hurried up on the notorious A11 Bow roundabout in east London where two cyclists were killed last year.
He has criticised TfL this week over failing to complete the redesign of the congested roundabout, which connects the A11 Bow Road with the A12 Blackwall Tunnel Approach.
The measures proposed after the fatal accidents were supposed to be completed by the summer—but the changes still haven’t been made, John Biggs points out.
“The Mayor needs to keep his promise on safety at Bow roundabout,” he said. “It’s critical that the measures promised are put in place immediately, now the Olympics are finished.”
Proposals would include new footway surfacing, lighting, and adding pedestrian signals to crossings.
You may also want to watch:
But TfL is concerned about pedestrian lights which would add to the massive traffic jams at one of London’s busiest junctions.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse