London Assembly’s John Biggs calls for action on A11 Bow Roundabout
London Assembly Member John Biggs is calling for safety measures to be hurried up on the notorious A11 Bow roundabout in east London where two cyclists were killed last year.
He has criticised TfL this week over failing to complete the redesign of the congested roundabout, which connects the A11 Bow Road with the A12 Blackwall Tunnel Approach.
The measures proposed after the fatal accidents were supposed to be completed by the summer—but the changes still haven’t been made, John Biggs points out.
“The Mayor needs to keep his promise on safety at Bow roundabout,” he said. “It’s critical that the measures promised are put in place immediately, now the Olympics are finished.”
Proposals would include new footway surfacing, lighting, and adding pedestrian signals to crossings.
You may also want to watch:
But TfL is concerned about pedestrian lights which would add to the massive traffic jams at one of London’s busiest junctions.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block