Mayor of London Boris Johnson slammed over fire meeting no-show
- Credit: Archant
Mayor of London Boris Johnson has been blasted for failing to turn up to public meetings on the future of the capital’s fire services.
Mr Johnson snubbed the consultation events over plans to shut down 12 fire stations across the capital, including Bow and Silvertown.
And he has been slammed by London Assembly Members, who urged people to ramp up the pressure on the Mayor.
Assembly Member and Labour’s Mayoral candidate for Tower Hamlets John Biggs said: “Boris has refused to attend any of the fire cuts public meetings to make the argument for the cuts he has demanded from the London Fire Brigade. He has made life harder for Londoners and they have a right to be angry.
“The Mayor gets a lot of media attention for what he says but not nearly enough attention is paid to what he does, or in most cases hasn’t done for London.”
You may also want to watch:
But Mr Johnson is due to be quizzed from 7.30-9.30pm on Wednesday evening at the State of London debate in Methodist Central Hall, Westminster.
- 1 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Shamima Begum cannot return to UK, Supreme Court rules
- 3 Man arrested in east London for terrorist offences
- 4 Tideway super sewer arrives at Tower Bridge ready to bore east London
- 5 Shamima Begum will find out this week if she can return from Syria
- 6 Fear of mental health crisis as loneliness rises among disabled
- 7 East Ham man raped woman with his friend in Wapping park 23 years ago
- 8 Flower markets appeal to be allowed to open in time for Mother's Day
- 9 Police raid cannabis cafe in 200-year-old Whitechapel building
- 10 Thugs attack each other with bottles of wine in supermarket mass brawl