Mayor of London Boris Johnson slammed over fire meeting no-show
- Credit: Archant
Mayor of London Boris Johnson has been blasted for failing to turn up to public meetings on the future of the capital’s fire services.
Mr Johnson snubbed the consultation events over plans to shut down 12 fire stations across the capital, including Bow and Silvertown.
And he has been slammed by London Assembly Members, who urged people to ramp up the pressure on the Mayor.
Assembly Member and Labour’s Mayoral candidate for Tower Hamlets John Biggs said: “Boris has refused to attend any of the fire cuts public meetings to make the argument for the cuts he has demanded from the London Fire Brigade. He has made life harder for Londoners and they have a right to be angry.
“The Mayor gets a lot of media attention for what he says but not nearly enough attention is paid to what he does, or in most cases hasn’t done for London.”
You may also want to watch:
But Mr Johnson is due to be quizzed from 7.30-9.30pm on Wednesday evening at the State of London debate in Methodist Central Hall, Westminster.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 9 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End