Melvyn Braggs about East End heritage
Dear Ed... BROADCASTER Melvyn Bragg is presenting a 20-part series on BBC2 later in the year telling the history of modern Britain through archive film footage. The ‘Reel’ History of Britain.
We’ll be touring the country including East London in Britain’s only surviving vintage mobile cinema and would love to meet people with stories about how they and their families lived through the changes the 20th century brought.
We are filming in Stepney and the surrounding areas in April and would love to hear from anyone who moved into redevelopments in the 1930s when their old homes were cleared. Perhaps they have stories to tell, or photos, diaries or memories to share.
Gordon Hart, Assistant Producer
You may also want to watch:
Manchester M60 1SJ.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
0161 244 3289