Melvyn Braggs about East End heritage
Dear Ed... BROADCASTER Melvyn Bragg is presenting a 20-part series on BBC2 later in the year telling the history of modern Britain through archive film footage. The ‘Reel’ History of Britain.
We’ll be touring the country including East London in Britain’s only surviving vintage mobile cinema and would love to meet people with stories about how they and their families lived through the changes the 20th century brought.
We are filming in Stepney and the surrounding areas in April and would love to hear from anyone who moved into redevelopments in the 1930s when their old homes were cleared. Perhaps they have stories to tell, or photos, diaries or memories to share.
Gordon Hart, Assistant Producer
Manchester M60 1SJ.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 4 Almost 3,000 Barts Health hospital staff yet to have Covid jab, figures show
- 5 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 6 Burial and cremation fees rise at City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
- 7 How many alcohol-related fires were there in your borough last year?
- 8 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents
- 9 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 10 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
0161 244 3289