Murder charge: Man in court after Linda McArity was found dead in Poplar tower block
- Credit: Google
A man appears in court this morning charged with murder and preventing the burial of a woman’s body which was found in a block of flats in Poplar.
Ian Kerr, 36, was charged last night by detectives investigating the death of Linda McArity, whose body was found in a flat at Salisbury House in Hobday Street in December.
Concerns were raised for Linda's welfare after she hadn't been seen by friends for several days.
Police arrived at the flat at 1.20pm on December 30 and found 50-year-old Linda who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Kerr also faces two charges of fraud as well as murder and preventing "the lawful and decent burial of a dead body". He is due at Thames Magistrates' Court at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
Two men aged 62 and 46 were arrested in January on suspicion of murder, but later given bail who have since been released with no further action.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 4 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 6 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 7 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid