Murder charge: Man in court after Linda McArity was found dead in Poplar tower block
- Credit: Google
A man appears in court this morning charged with murder and preventing the burial of a woman’s body which was found in a block of flats in Poplar.
Ian Kerr, 36, was charged last night by detectives investigating the death of Linda McArity, whose body was found in a flat at Salisbury House in Hobday Street in December.
Concerns were raised for Linda's welfare after she hadn't been seen by friends for several days.
Police arrived at the flat at 1.20pm on December 30 and found 50-year-old Linda who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Kerr also faces two charges of fraud as well as murder and preventing "the lawful and decent burial of a dead body". He is due at Thames Magistrates' Court at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
Two men aged 62 and 46 were arrested in January on suspicion of murder, but later given bail who have since been released with no further action.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
- 7 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 8 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 9 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them