Murder charge: Man in court after Linda McArity was found dead in Poplar tower block
- Credit: Google
A man appears in court this morning charged with murder and preventing the burial of a woman’s body which was found in a block of flats in Poplar.
Ian Kerr, 36, was charged last night by detectives investigating the death of Linda McArity, whose body was found in a flat at Salisbury House in Hobday Street in December.
Concerns were raised for Linda's welfare after she hadn't been seen by friends for several days.
Police arrived at the flat at 1.20pm on December 30 and found 50-year-old Linda who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Kerr also faces two charges of fraud as well as murder and preventing "the lawful and decent burial of a dead body". He is due at Thames Magistrates' Court at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
Two men aged 62 and 46 were arrested in January on suspicion of murder, but later given bail who have since been released with no further action.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided