Murder charge: Man in court after Linda McArity was found dead in Poplar tower block
- Credit: Google
A man appears in court this morning charged with murder and preventing the burial of a woman’s body which was found in a block of flats in Poplar.
Ian Kerr, 36, was charged last night by detectives investigating the death of Linda McArity, whose body was found in a flat at Salisbury House in Hobday Street in December.
Concerns were raised for Linda's welfare after she hadn't been seen by friends for several days.
Police arrived at the flat at 1.20pm on December 30 and found 50-year-old Linda who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Kerr also faces two charges of fraud as well as murder and preventing "the lawful and decent burial of a dead body". He is due at Thames Magistrates' Court at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
Two men aged 62 and 46 were arrested in January on suspicion of murder, but later given bail who have since been released with no further action.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 6 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 7 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 8 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 9 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets