Muslim preacher Anjem Choudary tells Bethnal Green crowd to claim ‘Jihad Seeker’s Allowance’
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Radical Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary has urged supporters in Bethnal Green to claim “Jihad Seeker’s Allowance”.
The controversial preacher was speaking at a community centre when he ridiculed non-Muslims who held down regular nine-five jobs.
The father-of-four was secretly filmed laughing as he told supporters: “You find people are busy working the whole of their life.
“They wake up at seven o’clock. They go to work at nine o’clock. They work for eight, nine hours a day. They come home at seven o’clock, watch EastEnders, sleep, and they do that for 40 years of their life. That is called slavery.”
Speaking on February 12, he boasted that many prominent Islamic figures had only worked one or two days each year.
You may also want to watch:
“The rest of the year they were busy with jihad (holy war) and things like that”, he continued.
“People will say, ‘Ah, but you are not working’. But the normal situation is for you to take money from the kuffar (non-believer).
- 1 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 2 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 3 Docklands man pleaded guilty to firearms offences
- 4 Crossharbour scheme for 2,000 new homes on Isle of Dogs is halted
- 5 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 6 Working classes 'being pushed out by East End's gentrification'
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Police search park in Poplar after report of stabbing
“So we take Jihad Seeker’s Allowance. You need to get support.”
Mr Choudary has since insisted his comments were made in jest.
He has recently voiced his support for ‘Muslim patrols’ carried out in east London.