Muslim preacher Anjem Choudary tells Bethnal Green crowd to claim ‘Jihad Seeker’s Allowance’
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Radical Muslim cleric Anjem Choudary has urged supporters in Bethnal Green to claim “Jihad Seeker’s Allowance”.
The controversial preacher was speaking at a community centre when he ridiculed non-Muslims who held down regular nine-five jobs.
The father-of-four was secretly filmed laughing as he told supporters: “You find people are busy working the whole of their life.
“They wake up at seven o’clock. They go to work at nine o’clock. They work for eight, nine hours a day. They come home at seven o’clock, watch EastEnders, sleep, and they do that for 40 years of their life. That is called slavery.”
Speaking on February 12, he boasted that many prominent Islamic figures had only worked one or two days each year.
You may also want to watch:
“The rest of the year they were busy with jihad (holy war) and things like that”, he continued.
“People will say, ‘Ah, but you are not working’. But the normal situation is for you to take money from the kuffar (non-believer).
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 6 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 10 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
“So we take Jihad Seeker’s Allowance. You need to get support.”
Mr Choudary has since insisted his comments were made in jest.
He has recently voiced his support for ‘Muslim patrols’ carried out in east London.