Next stage in Tower Hamlets Council’s community funding project launched
- Credit: Archant
The first stage in a scheme to give groups funding to improve their areas was launched in Langdon Park on Monday.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets Lutfur Rahman hopes the project, which will provide a minimum of £10,000 to a total of 17 groups to be set up with the aim of giving local people a say on how their areas are improved.
Monday marked the unveiling of ‘Community Champions Coordinators’ – the first step in the establishment of ‘Community Ward Forums’ which can apply for funding under the scheme.
Mayor Rahman said: “Local people know best what their own areas need and often have fantastic ideas about how to shape where they live.
“By giving funding to these local groups, I hope that we’ll build a better borough for everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
The scheme will see a series of public meetings put on for residents, each with a different subject matter up for discussion.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 6 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020