Next stage in Tower Hamlets Council’s community funding project launched
- Credit: Archant
The first stage in a scheme to give groups funding to improve their areas was launched in Langdon Park on Monday.
Mayor of Tower Hamlets Lutfur Rahman hopes the project, which will provide a minimum of £10,000 to a total of 17 groups to be set up with the aim of giving local people a say on how their areas are improved.
Monday marked the unveiling of ‘Community Champions Coordinators’ – the first step in the establishment of ‘Community Ward Forums’ which can apply for funding under the scheme.
Mayor Rahman said: “Local people know best what their own areas need and often have fantastic ideas about how to shape where they live.
“By giving funding to these local groups, I hope that we’ll build a better borough for everyone.”
You may also want to watch:
The scheme will see a series of public meetings put on for residents, each with a different subject matter up for discussion.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided