Offers to “take it outside” at Tower Hamlets Council meeting
A member of the public threatened to “take it outside, one on one mate” after a dispute with Conservative group leader Cllr Peter Golds at last night’s council meeting.
Ruhel Miah asked a question requesting councillors “uphold the highest levels of personal and professional integrity” when reporting complaints to authorities.
Naming Cllr Golds, he made a series of allegations prompting the Tory leader to ask for an address so his solicitor could write to him.
Mr Miah responded: “We can take it outside after the meeting, one on one mate.”
Speaking later, Cllr Golds said: “Anywhere else, the police would have been called and he would have been arrested.
You may also want to watch:
“The threat was made and I am seeing what can be done”, he added.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney