There With You: Free parking for NHS workers offered at Canary Wharf during pandemic crisis
- Credit: CWG
All NHS workers are being given free parking at Canary Wharf to carry out essential work during the pandemic crisis.
Three car parks operated by Canary Wharf Group are being made available.
The group has joined an online car parking platform and a property group to provide the facilities.
“We are able to offer free spaces to the brilliant NHS workers,” Canary Wharf’s co-managing director Steve Greig said. “They are working hard day and night to support the country.”
Medical and other staff can register on YourParkingSpace where they get a personal code to use their own NHS credentials to reserve spaces in 900 car parks up and down the country, including three at Canary Wharf.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme is also likely to be extended to other key service workers over the coming weeks as the lockdown continues.
The business and shopping district is also lighting One Canada Square blue in support of the NHS and donating £50,000 to East End charities and OAP groups to help the most vulnerable.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out