RUSHANARA ALI (Labour)
BETHNAL GREEN & BOW RUSHANARA ALI (Labour)
BETHNAL GREEN & BOW
RUSHANARA ALI (Labour)
THE East End at its best is a place of courage, decency and unity. Working together to tackle our common problems is what the people of Bethnal Green & Bow truly want and desperately need.
Uniting as a community will allow us to focus on the issues that matter most to local people - like crime, safety, jobs and the economy, health, education and housing.
You may also want to watch:
As Labour Parliamentary candidate, I have been working hard to improve the lives of local people.
I have worked with Tower Hamlets Council to get more bobbies on the beat. There are now an additional 24 police officers in the area.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 5 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
I have campaigned with Labour councillors on road safety including successfully petitioning for a safer crossing in Grove Road.
I have lobbied Government ministers for more funding to create jobs in Tower Hamlets and am delighted that �20 million investment has gone into the Working Neighborhoods' Fund to give residents the skills they need to get into work.
Since 1997, Labour has invested billions to enhance NHS facilities and increase the numbers of doctors and nurses in this area. I will work with health professionals to continue to improve our local health services.
Labour developed a �78m programme to improve youth services throughout London and to provide safe facilities outside school hours for young people. I successfully lobbied for more funding to extend youth club hours in Tower Hamlets.
I have been working hard to highlight to the Government the need for even more funding to support residents who still suffer from a lack of decent and affordable housing.
My priorities will be to protect our vital services in Tower Hamlets, schools, hospitals, housing, police and youth services.
I believe Bethnal Green & Bow constituency needs a new kind of politics, the politics of optimism backed by action and results.
I will be an MP who listens and brings people together, because I passionately believe there is far more that unites us than divides us.
Rushanara Ali (Labour)