Second round of Tower Hamlets Council’s faith buildings funding opens
- Credit: Archant
The second round of public funding for repairs to faith buildings is up for grabs.
More than £1.3million is available in the second cash pot to be handed out under Tower Hamlets Council’s Community Faith Building Support Scheme.
Grants of up to £300,000 will be available to successful applicants.
Mayor Lutfur Rahman said: “Faith is such an important part of community life for so many of our residents and it has a long-standing history in Tower Hamlets.
“By making these buildings more accessible and energy efficient, we’re helping to bring them into the 21st century without sacrificing their history or character, so that future generations can continue to enjoy them.”
You may also want to watch:
The first round of grants saw £600,000 dished out, with Muslim organisations receiving twice as much cash as those representing other faith groups.
The second round was launched at St Dunstan’s Church in Stepney High Street on October 17, with applications closing on November 22. For more information, visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk or call 020 7364 1659.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 3 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 8 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 9 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 10 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week