Second round of Tower Hamlets Council’s faith buildings funding opens
- Credit: Archant
The second round of public funding for repairs to faith buildings is up for grabs.
More than £1.3million is available in the second cash pot to be handed out under Tower Hamlets Council’s Community Faith Building Support Scheme.
Grants of up to £300,000 will be available to successful applicants.
Mayor Lutfur Rahman said: “Faith is such an important part of community life for so many of our residents and it has a long-standing history in Tower Hamlets.
“By making these buildings more accessible and energy efficient, we’re helping to bring them into the 21st century without sacrificing their history or character, so that future generations can continue to enjoy them.”
You may also want to watch:
The first round of grants saw £600,000 dished out, with Muslim organisations receiving twice as much cash as those representing other faith groups.
The second round was launched at St Dunstan’s Church in Stepney High Street on October 17, with applications closing on November 22. For more information, visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk or call 020 7364 1659.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week