Second round of Tower Hamlets Council’s faith buildings funding opens
- Credit: Archant
The second round of public funding for repairs to faith buildings is up for grabs.
More than £1.3million is available in the second cash pot to be handed out under Tower Hamlets Council’s Community Faith Building Support Scheme.
Grants of up to £300,000 will be available to successful applicants.
Mayor Lutfur Rahman said: “Faith is such an important part of community life for so many of our residents and it has a long-standing history in Tower Hamlets.
“By making these buildings more accessible and energy efficient, we’re helping to bring them into the 21st century without sacrificing their history or character, so that future generations can continue to enjoy them.”
You may also want to watch:
The first round of grants saw £600,000 dished out, with Muslim organisations receiving twice as much cash as those representing other faith groups.
The second round was launched at St Dunstan’s Church in Stepney High Street on October 17, with applications closing on November 22. For more information, visit www.towerhamlets.gov.uk or call 020 7364 1659.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 9 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 10 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries