Star of Bethnal Green prepares for Bank Holiday Monday street festival
- Credit: Star of BG
Hundreds of revellers are likely to head to east London for the annual Monday Bank Holiday street festival at the Star of Bethnal Green pub.
This year is the 10th anniversary of the traditional East End boozer in Bethnal Green Road getting its total makeover.
So the annual birthday bash is running longer, till 2am Tuesday, bigger than previous years and made into a family day out with face painting, bouncy castles and children’s entertainment thrown in.
It starts Monday at 12-noon with revellers packed into the narrow Rushmede Road round the corner with live music, real ale, cocktails and plenty of street food—even strict vegans are catered for.
The entertainment line-up includes Tony Vegas and the Scratch Perverts, the Pushamann, Auntie Maureen, Juan The Diaz Brothers Leal, Vinyl Bunnies, Bella Taylor, Si Kurrage with Mr Shiver, Bop N Fresh and Nick Gynn.
You may also want to watch:
Street food includes Smokey Tails, Hanoi Cà Phê and Cafe So Vegan.
But nightfall won’t stop the fun. Those revellers still left standing can move into the pub itself at 9pm to carry on partying for another five hours.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 8 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'