Star of Bethnal Green prepares for Bank Holiday Monday street festival
- Credit: Star of BG
Hundreds of revellers are likely to head to east London for the annual Monday Bank Holiday street festival at the Star of Bethnal Green pub.
This year is the 10th anniversary of the traditional East End boozer in Bethnal Green Road getting its total makeover.
So the annual birthday bash is running longer, till 2am Tuesday, bigger than previous years and made into a family day out with face painting, bouncy castles and children’s entertainment thrown in.
It starts Monday at 12-noon with revellers packed into the narrow Rushmede Road round the corner with live music, real ale, cocktails and plenty of street food—even strict vegans are catered for.
The entertainment line-up includes Tony Vegas and the Scratch Perverts, the Pushamann, Auntie Maureen, Juan The Diaz Brothers Leal, Vinyl Bunnies, Bella Taylor, Si Kurrage with Mr Shiver, Bop N Fresh and Nick Gynn.
You may also want to watch:
Street food includes Smokey Tails, Hanoi Cà Phê and Cafe So Vegan.
But nightfall won’t stop the fun. Those revellers still left standing can move into the pub itself at 9pm to carry on partying for another five hours.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 4 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 5 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72