Star of Bethnal Green prepares for Bank Holiday Monday street festival
- Credit: Star of BG
Hundreds of revellers are likely to head to east London for the annual Monday Bank Holiday street festival at the Star of Bethnal Green pub.
This year is the 10th anniversary of the traditional East End boozer in Bethnal Green Road getting its total makeover.
So the annual birthday bash is running longer, till 2am Tuesday, bigger than previous years and made into a family day out with face painting, bouncy castles and children’s entertainment thrown in.
It starts Monday at 12-noon with revellers packed into the narrow Rushmede Road round the corner with live music, real ale, cocktails and plenty of street food—even strict vegans are catered for.
The entertainment line-up includes Tony Vegas and the Scratch Perverts, the Pushamann, Auntie Maureen, Juan The Diaz Brothers Leal, Vinyl Bunnies, Bella Taylor, Si Kurrage with Mr Shiver, Bop N Fresh and Nick Gynn.
You may also want to watch:
Street food includes Smokey Tails, Hanoi Cà Phê and Cafe So Vegan.
But nightfall won’t stop the fun. Those revellers still left standing can move into the pub itself at 9pm to carry on partying for another five hours.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto