Transport for London has issued initial travel Advice for the day of Baroness Thatcher’s funeral on April 17th
- Credit: Archant
The route of the funeral procession runs from The Palace of Westminster, through Parliament Square, along Whitehall, through Trafalgar Square, on to the Strand, Aldwych, Fleet Street and Ludgate Hill where it will end at St Paul’s Cathedral. These roads and others in central London will be subject to closures and parking restrictions. Blackfriars and Westminster Bridges will be closed for the duration of the event. Waterloo Bridge will have restricted access.
Further details can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/events/default.aspx
Road closures will be implemented from at least 7am, roads that will be closed are: Parliament Square, Whitehall, Trafalgar Square, The Strand, Aldwych, Fleet Street, Ludgate Hill, Blackfriars Bridge, Westminster Bridge, Waterloo Bridge (restricted access), Farringdon Road, Kingsway, Charing Cross Road, The Mall, Victoria Street, Millbank, St Paul’s Churchyard, Cannon Street.
You may also want to watch:
From 6am a number of bus services will be on diversion or will finish before their usual destination; these will begin at 6am.
Underground, DLR and London Overground
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 10 East London venue to host big-screen Euro 2020 football fanzone
All Underground, DLR and Overground lines will be running as normal.
London River Services
London River Services will be running as normal.