Transport for London has issued initial travel Advice for the day of Baroness Thatcher’s funeral on April 17th
- Credit: Archant
The route of the funeral procession runs from The Palace of Westminster, through Parliament Square, along Whitehall, through Trafalgar Square, on to the Strand, Aldwych, Fleet Street and Ludgate Hill where it will end at St Paul’s Cathedral. These roads and others in central London will be subject to closures and parking restrictions. Blackfriars and Westminster Bridges will be closed for the duration of the event. Waterloo Bridge will have restricted access.
Further details can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/events/default.aspx
Road closures will be implemented from at least 7am, roads that will be closed are: Parliament Square, Whitehall, Trafalgar Square, The Strand, Aldwych, Fleet Street, Ludgate Hill, Blackfriars Bridge, Westminster Bridge, Waterloo Bridge (restricted access), Farringdon Road, Kingsway, Charing Cross Road, The Mall, Victoria Street, Millbank, St Paul’s Churchyard, Cannon Street.
From 6am a number of bus services will be on diversion or will finish before their usual destination; these will begin at 6am.
Underground, DLR and London Overground
- 1 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 2 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 5 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 6 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Council rapped by ombudsman after not following safeguarding procedures
- 9 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 10 Footballer convicted of hate crime after homophobic abuse of opponent
All Underground, DLR and Overground lines will be running as normal.
London River Services
London River Services will be running as normal.