Transport for London has issued initial travel Advice for the day of Baroness Thatcher’s funeral on April 17th
- Credit: Archant
The route of the funeral procession runs from The Palace of Westminster, through Parliament Square, along Whitehall, through Trafalgar Square, on to the Strand, Aldwych, Fleet Street and Ludgate Hill where it will end at St Paul’s Cathedral. These roads and others in central London will be subject to closures and parking restrictions. Blackfriars and Westminster Bridges will be closed for the duration of the event. Waterloo Bridge will have restricted access.
Further details can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/events/default.aspx
Road closures will be implemented from at least 7am, roads that will be closed are: Parliament Square, Whitehall, Trafalgar Square, The Strand, Aldwych, Fleet Street, Ludgate Hill, Blackfriars Bridge, Westminster Bridge, Waterloo Bridge (restricted access), Farringdon Road, Kingsway, Charing Cross Road, The Mall, Victoria Street, Millbank, St Paul’s Churchyard, Cannon Street.
You may also want to watch:
From 6am a number of bus services will be on diversion or will finish before their usual destination; these will begin at 6am.
Underground, DLR and London Overground
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 8 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 9 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
All Underground, DLR and Overground lines will be running as normal.
London River Services
London River Services will be running as normal.