Transport for London has issued initial travel Advice for the day of Baroness Thatcher’s funeral on April 17th
- Credit: Archant
The route of the funeral procession runs from The Palace of Westminster, through Parliament Square, along Whitehall, through Trafalgar Square, on to the Strand, Aldwych, Fleet Street and Ludgate Hill where it will end at St Paul’s Cathedral. These roads and others in central London will be subject to closures and parking restrictions. Blackfriars and Westminster Bridges will be closed for the duration of the event. Waterloo Bridge will have restricted access.
Further details can be found at www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/events/default.aspx
Road closures will be implemented from at least 7am, roads that will be closed are: Parliament Square, Whitehall, Trafalgar Square, The Strand, Aldwych, Fleet Street, Ludgate Hill, Blackfriars Bridge, Westminster Bridge, Waterloo Bridge (restricted access), Farringdon Road, Kingsway, Charing Cross Road, The Mall, Victoria Street, Millbank, St Paul’s Churchyard, Cannon Street.
You may also want to watch:
From 6am a number of bus services will be on diversion or will finish before their usual destination; these will begin at 6am.
Underground, DLR and London Overground
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 10 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
All Underground, DLR and Overground lines will be running as normal.
London River Services
London River Services will be running as normal.