Local Election: Candidates for Tower Hamlets announced
A COMPLETE list of all the candidates standing in Tower Hamlets in May s local elections has been released. The names of all those fighting for one of three seats in the borough s 17 wards on May 6 are now available. Labour, the Conservatives and the
A COMPLETE list of all the candidates standing in Tower Hamlets in May's local elections has been released.
The names of all those fighting for one of three seats in the borough's 17 wards on May 6 are now available.
Labour, the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats have each put forward 51 candidates, Respect has put forward 50 while the Green party will have 35 candidates fighting for seats.
There are five Independent candidates standing and the British National Party has put forward four candidates in Bow East, East India and Lansbury, Mile End & Globe Town and Millwall.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report