Local Election: Candidates for Tower Hamlets announced
A COMPLETE list of all the candidates standing in Tower Hamlets in May s local elections has been released. The names of all those fighting for one of three seats in the borough s 17 wards on May 6 are now available. Labour, the Conservatives and the
A COMPLETE list of all the candidates standing in Tower Hamlets in May's local elections has been released.
The names of all those fighting for one of three seats in the borough's 17 wards on May 6 are now available.
Labour, the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats have each put forward 51 candidates, Respect has put forward 50 while the Green party will have 35 candidates fighting for seats.
There are five Independent candidates standing and the British National Party has put forward four candidates in Bow East, East India and Lansbury, Mile End & Globe Town and Millwall.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 2 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area
- 3 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 4 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 5 Ramadan explained: Everything you need to know about the Islamic holy month
- 6 Covid patients in intensive care down to single figures at hospital trust
- 7 Orient boss McAnuff determined to not help Salford City into the play-offs
- 8 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 9 Voting in the Isle of Dogs Neighbourhood Planning Referendum
- 10 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park