Local Election: Candidates for Tower Hamlets announced
A COMPLETE list of all the candidates standing in Tower Hamlets in May s local elections has been released. The names of all those fighting for one of three seats in the borough s 17 wards on May 6 are now available. Labour, the Conservatives and the
A COMPLETE list of all the candidates standing in Tower Hamlets in May's local elections has been released.
The names of all those fighting for one of three seats in the borough's 17 wards on May 6 are now available.
Labour, the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats have each put forward 51 candidates, Respect has put forward 50 while the Green party will have 35 candidates fighting for seats.
There are five Independent candidates standing and the British National Party has put forward four candidates in Bow East, East India and Lansbury, Mile End & Globe Town and Millwall.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week