Local Impact can deliver to businesses the advertising firepower needed for success
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
We talk to hundreds of local business owners every day; we hear their concerns, understand their challenges and share in their successes.
One common conversation is that, in the digital age, advertising is complicated and it can be hard to see any return on investment.
Some concerning research shows that 46% of business owners don’t actually know if their marketing strategies work – and that is a worrying point.
The ad industry has tried to solve this challenge by creating lots of new products.
The small business owner can now buy an ad in the newspaper, on a website, a newsletter and even an app for almost every newspaper that exists… but how does the business owner understand if any of it works?
You may also want to watch:
It’s as if the ad industry has become so inured to the idea of technology, tools and twiddly buttons that we have somewhat forgotten what ‘advertising’ and ‘marketing’ are for.
The fact that businesses want customers, and advertising that delivers measurable effect is a challenge that our industry is now coming to terms with.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
Advertising is now at a sort of crossroads and the advertising industry is starting to take its head from the sand and choosing a direction.
Here at Archant we have launched Local Impact, created to deliver the small business owner insight into the digital and traditional advertising market, advice and support to build a marketing strategy and products and services designed to best enable a business to sell its product or service.
We aim to support the business owners with advice, practical help and products that deliver a measurable effect.
As Local Impact grows I will share what we are doing, how it is working and deliver as much practical advice and help as I can in 350 words.
If any of you have questions or topics that you would like discussed do get in touch.
My email is always on and I almost always read it...