Local Impact can deliver to businesses the advertising firepower needed for success
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
We talk to hundreds of local business owners every day; we hear their concerns, understand their challenges and share in their successes.
One common conversation is that, in the digital age, advertising is complicated and it can be hard to see any return on investment.
Some concerning research shows that 46% of business owners don’t actually know if their marketing strategies work – and that is a worrying point.
The ad industry has tried to solve this challenge by creating lots of new products.
The small business owner can now buy an ad in the newspaper, on a website, a newsletter and even an app for almost every newspaper that exists… but how does the business owner understand if any of it works?
You may also want to watch:
It’s as if the ad industry has become so inured to the idea of technology, tools and twiddly buttons that we have somewhat forgotten what ‘advertising’ and ‘marketing’ are for.
The fact that businesses want customers, and advertising that delivers measurable effect is a challenge that our industry is now coming to terms with.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Advertising is now at a sort of crossroads and the advertising industry is starting to take its head from the sand and choosing a direction.
Here at Archant we have launched Local Impact, created to deliver the small business owner insight into the digital and traditional advertising market, advice and support to build a marketing strategy and products and services designed to best enable a business to sell its product or service.
We aim to support the business owners with advice, practical help and products that deliver a measurable effect.
As Local Impact grows I will share what we are doing, how it is working and deliver as much practical advice and help as I can in 350 words.
If any of you have questions or topics that you would like discussed do get in touch.
My email is always on and I almost always read it...