London 2012: Riviera venue to be created by Olympic Park
A riviera bringing a taste of Cannes and the Cote D’Azur to London is to be created for visitors who want to watch the Olympics in style.
Forman’s in Stour Road, Fish Island, is offering 30 bespoke hospitality suites, which will be in a specially built temporary structure on 1.5 acres of land near the Olympic Stadium and alongside Forman’s salmon smokery, art galley and event venue.
Owners of the 107-year-old family firm hope Forman’s Fish Island Riviera will attract athletes celebrating medal wins, and say guests “will be close enough to hear the roar of the crowds” from the Olympic Park.
The space will include Sunseeker yachts, beach volleyball, and a beach club.
Lance Forman, managing director of Forman’s Fish Island, said: “Fish Island will be the VIP side of the Games this summer.
“We expect athletes to come here to celebrate their medal wins. Guests can arrive in style by boat and enjoy the atmosphere surrounded by palm trees and yachts.
“Even at this stage, months before the Games commence, most companies have not worked out how they will be entertaining their clients and staff, many who will be flying in to London from all over the world.
- 1 Man, woman and child escape 'large' e-bike fire in Wapping flat by climbing out window
- 2 Tower Hamlets A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
- 4 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 5 Thames Water: Hosepipe ban announced for London and Thames Valley
- 6 Teenager, 17, arrested after car crashes into Bow apartment building
- 7 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 8 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
“Now they have the ultimate solution, but they need to be quick, as there are only 30 suites available.”
The beach club will include a bar team who will serve drinks in amongst palm trees, and a fleet of Sunseeker yachts will be available for hire by the day.
The temporary suites on the site will be designed to clients’ needs and catering will be provided by The Admirable Crichton.
Johnny Roxburgh, co-founder of the Admirable Crichton said: “Iconic events need spectacular lunches and dinners to mark them.
“For the London Olympics our super talented chefs and menu designers have created the most delicious menus.
“British influenced but prepared with an international and contemporary flair, they are the perfect way to ensure that even the most sophisticated guests will leave impressed that the standard of entertaining matches the world class Olympics that they have just enjoyed.”
The suites cost from �75,000 plus VAT for the 17 days of the Olympics.