London Assembly’s John Biggs given last parcel posting for Xmas
- Credit: John Biggs Office
Opening hours at Royal Mail parcel offices are being extended in east London to cope with the Christmas rush.
The extension was announced ahead of deadlines for parcels to arrive in time for the festive season during a visit to the huge Whitechapel sorting office by London Assembly’s John Biggs.
Delivery manager Eddie Mowatt showed him round on his fact-finding tour of the E1 postal district depot at its busiest time in the run-up to Christmas.
“Many people don’t want to wait for redelivery,” Eddie told him. “So we’re extending opening hours at a number of offices to make it easier to pick up parcels in person.
“Our people pull out all the stops over the busy festive period.”
You may also want to watch:
Last posting dates for mail to arrive in time for Christmas are Wednesday for second-class parcels, Friday for first-class and next Monday for Special Deliveries. But deadline for items going abroad to Europe and America passed last weekend.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?