Revealed: Vehicle-related noise complaints in the borough in 2020
- Credit: PA/ Dominic Lipinski
From modified exhausts and engine revving to car alarms and loud music, a study has investigated which London boroughs have the most vehicle-related noise complaints.
Freedom of information (FOI) requests sent to councils around the UK found Redbridge was the second noisiest area in the country last year with 290 complaints, while Tower Hamlets was the fourth with 210.
Of the complaints recorded in Redbridge, 154 were related to engine revving and loud exhausts, 62 were about car alarms and 54 were linked to loud music blaring from vehicles.
In Tower Hamlets, most complaints referred to noise from cars in the street, with machinery, equipment and commercial vehicles noise making up the rest.
Newham ranked seventh in London and 19th nationwide, with 72 vehicle noise complaints recorded in 2020.
You may also want to watch:
There were seven London boroughs in the top 20 noisiest areas in the country, according to the research, which was completed by comparethemarket.com.
More than 1,500 vehicle noise complaints were found to have been made across the capital in 2020.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 8 Orient aiming to climb the table with first away win of the season
- 9 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust