London businesses urged to help their communities
EAST End businesses are being encouraged to get involved in a mass day of volunteering, to make a difference to their community. On July 9 this year, 3,000 businesses in London will help over 100 schools and local projects in areas of greatest need in th
EAST End businesses are being encouraged to get involved in a mass day of volunteering, to make a difference to their community.
On July 9 this year, 3,000 businesses in London will help over 100 schools and local projects in areas of greatest need in the Capital.
They will be part of an effort in which 6,000 companies are getting involved nationally.
Sponsored by international law firm Eversheds and supported by Archant, Business in the Community's Give & Gain Day is the UK's only mass day of action for business.
You may also want to watch:
And businesses - and prospective projects - are being urged to sign up and express their interest now.
This is the second year that the Give & Gain Day has been run after the nationwide initiative was launched last year.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 6 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 7 Protest rally over Uyghur Muslims planned at China’s new Royal Mint embassy
- 8 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
It previously ran under the name London Better Together Day for three years.
Business in the Community will plan the whole day for an admin fee of �30 per head for businesses, in teams of a minimum of at least 10, to take part. If you are a business who would like to volunteer on the day, please contact Amelia.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a school or community project who would like to receive business support on July 9 - be it brightening up a dark classroom, decorating a communal room in a hostel for the homeless or working with local communities to help them develop skills and knowledge about cooking - please contact Louise.email@example.com.
You can also contact the Give & Gain Day hotline on 020 7566 8664.