London hosts prestigious 2011 world sport conference
LONDON has seen off tough global competition to host the prestigious 2011 international Sport Accord convention. Boris Johnson made the announcement at the 2012 Olympics business summit’ in East London’s ExCel centre yesterday
LONDON has seen off tough global competition to host the prestigious 2011 international Sport Accord convention.
Boris Johnson made the announcement at the 2012 Olympics business summit’ in East London’s ExCel centre yesterday.
Sport Accord will see 1,500 of the world’s top sporting officials and business people from 60 countries in town for the six-day event which will put �3 million into London’s coffers, the Mayor pointed out.
But the convention is expected to be worth much more as a showcase’ of British expertise, with preparations going full steam for the 2012 Games just a year later. It is being seen as a way to boost the UK’s market share of the �65 billion global sports industry.
You may also want to watch:
Sport Accord has a vested interest in any city hosting the Olympics. Its top entrepreneur delegates will be keen to witness at first hand London’s final preparations for the 2012 Olympics.
The convention in the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge in the spring of 2011 will be the first time it is being hosted in the UK.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job