London in the smog as pollution levels hit record high
- Credit: Archant
London has seen record levels of air pollution today.
The department for environmental, food and rural affairs (Defra) reported that pollution levels reached level nine this morning.
Pollution is ranked from one to ten, with ten being the highest.
People with lung and heart conditions have been told to avoid outdoor exercise while the London Ambulance Service has reported treating more people with breathing difficulties since the smog started.
The conditions are caused by dust from the Sahara adding to the normal pollution in the capital.
You may also want to watch:
Have you taken any photos of London in the smog? Tweet them to @ELAdvertiser, post on our Facebook page or email email@example.com
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 3 Building new tower block starts on Limehouse Triangle 'wildlife site'
- 4 Capacity at West Ham's London stadium to increase to 62,500
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 7 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 8 Study asks: why are canals and rivers a watery lifeline during pandemic?
- 9 Report reveals scale of support offered by council during Covid crisis
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences