London in the smog as pollution levels hit record high
- Credit: Archant
London has seen record levels of air pollution today.
The department for environmental, food and rural affairs (Defra) reported that pollution levels reached level nine this morning.
Pollution is ranked from one to ten, with ten being the highest.
People with lung and heart conditions have been told to avoid outdoor exercise while the London Ambulance Service has reported treating more people with breathing difficulties since the smog started.
The conditions are caused by dust from the Sahara adding to the normal pollution in the capital.
You may also want to watch:
Have you taken any photos of London in the smog? Tweet them to @ELAdvertiser, post on our Facebook page or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park