London Probation appoints new chief exec
LONDON Probation Trust has appointed Heather Munro as the organisation s new Chief Executive. Ms Munro takes over from Paul Wilson, who led London Probation Trust on an interim basis. Heather had previously worked as the trust s deputy chief executive af
LONDON Probation Trust has appointed Heather Munro as the organisation's new Chief Executive.
Ms Munro takes over from Paul Wilson, who led London Probation Trust on an interim basis.
Heather had previously worked as the trust's deputy chief executive after leaving her position as head of Leicester and Rutland Probation Trust, an organisation which under her watch had been the highest performing probation area in the country according to government statistics.
Julie Dent, Chair of LPT's board, said: "We are delighted to appoint Heather, who has an unrivalled track record: she has run the most successful probation area in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
"We believe that Heather has the skills and drive we need here at LPT to continue our journey, keeping Londoners safe and reducing reoffending."
As Chief Executive, Heather is responsible for day-to-day operational performance, working with 3,000 staff, who in turn supervise more than 70,000 offenders a year across the capital. Heather will begin her new role on Monday, August 2.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage