London Probation appoints new chief exec
LONDON Probation Trust has appointed Heather Munro as the organisation s new Chief Executive. Ms Munro takes over from Paul Wilson, who led London Probation Trust on an interim basis. Heather had previously worked as the trust s deputy chief executive af
LONDON Probation Trust has appointed Heather Munro as the organisation's new Chief Executive.
Ms Munro takes over from Paul Wilson, who led London Probation Trust on an interim basis.
Heather had previously worked as the trust's deputy chief executive after leaving her position as head of Leicester and Rutland Probation Trust, an organisation which under her watch had been the highest performing probation area in the country according to government statistics.
Julie Dent, Chair of LPT's board, said: "We are delighted to appoint Heather, who has an unrivalled track record: she has run the most successful probation area in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
"We believe that Heather has the skills and drive we need here at LPT to continue our journey, keeping Londoners safe and reducing reoffending."
As Chief Executive, Heather is responsible for day-to-day operational performance, working with 3,000 staff, who in turn supervise more than 70,000 offenders a year across the capital. Heather will begin her new role on Monday, August 2.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 6 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 7 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 8 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?