London's Air Ambulance to be on duty around the clock
MORE lives could be saved across the capital as London s Air Ambulance announces today that its paramedics will be on duty around the clock. For the first time ever the charity s medical team will be on-call throughout the night to treat trauma victims
MORE lives could be saved across the capital as London's Air Ambulance announces today that its paramedics will be on duty around the clock.
For the first time ever the charity's medical team will be on-call throughout the night to treat trauma victims across the capital thanks to a cash boost from the London Ambulance Service.
Up until now the charity has only been able to fund a 24-hour service at weekends.
But from March once its red helicopter based at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel goes off duty at 1am, paramedics will be able to use rapid response cars to reach any accident within the M25 orbital.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Gareth Davies said: "The decision by the London Ambulance Service to fund our paramedics means that we can become the first air ambulance service in the UK to provide medical teams around the clock.
"The extra funding will prove to be invaluable for our service, which is dedicated to helping keep Londoners safe day and night, every single day of the year.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided