London's Air Ambulance to be on duty around the clock
MORE lives could be saved across the capital as London s Air Ambulance announces today that its paramedics will be on duty around the clock. For the first time ever the charity s medical team will be on-call throughout the night to treat trauma victims
MORE lives could be saved across the capital as London's Air Ambulance announces today that its paramedics will be on duty around the clock.
For the first time ever the charity's medical team will be on-call throughout the night to treat trauma victims across the capital thanks to a cash boost from the London Ambulance Service.
Up until now the charity has only been able to fund a 24-hour service at weekends.
But from March once its red helicopter based at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel goes off duty at 1am, paramedics will be able to use rapid response cars to reach any accident within the M25 orbital.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Gareth Davies said: "The decision by the London Ambulance Service to fund our paramedics means that we can become the first air ambulance service in the UK to provide medical teams around the clock.
"The extra funding will prove to be invaluable for our service, which is dedicated to helping keep Londoners safe day and night, every single day of the year.
- 1 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences