London's Air Ambulance to be on duty around the clock
MORE lives could be saved across the capital as London s Air Ambulance announces today that its paramedics will be on duty around the clock. For the first time ever the charity s medical team will be on-call throughout the night to treat trauma victims
MORE lives could be saved across the capital as London's Air Ambulance announces today that its paramedics will be on duty around the clock.
For the first time ever the charity's medical team will be on-call throughout the night to treat trauma victims across the capital thanks to a cash boost from the London Ambulance Service.
Up until now the charity has only been able to fund a 24-hour service at weekends.
But from March once its red helicopter based at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel goes off duty at 1am, paramedics will be able to use rapid response cars to reach any accident within the M25 orbital.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Gareth Davies said: "The decision by the London Ambulance Service to fund our paramedics means that we can become the first air ambulance service in the UK to provide medical teams around the clock.
"The extra funding will prove to be invaluable for our service, which is dedicated to helping keep Londoners safe day and night, every single day of the year.
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 3 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 4 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 7 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'