London's Air Ambulance to be on duty around the clock
MORE lives could be saved across the capital as London s Air Ambulance announces today that its paramedics will be on duty around the clock. For the first time ever the charity s medical team will be on-call throughout the night to treat trauma victims
MORE lives could be saved across the capital as London's Air Ambulance announces today that its paramedics will be on duty around the clock.
For the first time ever the charity's medical team will be on-call throughout the night to treat trauma victims across the capital thanks to a cash boost from the London Ambulance Service.
Up until now the charity has only been able to fund a 24-hour service at weekends.
But from March once its red helicopter based at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel goes off duty at 1am, paramedics will be able to use rapid response cars to reach any accident within the M25 orbital.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Gareth Davies said: "The decision by the London Ambulance Service to fund our paramedics means that we can become the first air ambulance service in the UK to provide medical teams around the clock.
"The extra funding will prove to be invaluable for our service, which is dedicated to helping keep Londoners safe day and night, every single day of the year.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Man dies on Isle of Dogs
- 10 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking