London’s biggest beer garden to open in Mile End Park
- Credit: World Wide Oktoberfest
London’s biggest beer garden is set to come to Mile End Park this summer as part of a German beer festival.
German Bierfest London will be embracing all things Bavarian for two weekends, offering three different types of traditional handmade beer.
Traditional German food including bratwurst and schnitzel will also be available.
“We are bringing a 2,000-seat Biergarten to London. We call it frühlingsfest in Germany. That means we celebrate the spring starts and the winter is over,” said event manager Martin Kluge.
“And typically, we do it with beer.”
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the open-air garden, tickets can be bought for the bier tent, which offers table service for 1,200 people plus a live band and a DJ set.
A German village and a family-friendly games area also being set up.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
Staff will be donning traditional German dress, with the men wearing lederhosen and the women in dirndl - and if you fancy joining them, costumes will be available to rent.
The beer garden will be open between Thursday, April 27 and Monday, May 1, and then again between Thursday, May 4 and Sunday, May 7.
All open-air areas are free to enter. For more information or to book tickets, visit bierfest.london