London taxi fares going up 2.3 per cent from April 1
TAXI fares are going up in London by 2.3 per cent from April 1, City Hall has just announced. The fare rise was approved today by Transport for London, aimed at finding “a balance between income for drivers facing disproportionately higher costs than average, while ensuring passengers get a fair price”
TAXI fares are going up in London by 2.3 per cent from April 1, City Hall has just announced.
The fare rise was approved today by Transport for London, aimed at finding “a balance between income for drivers facing disproportionately higher costs than average Londoners, while ensuring passengers get a fair price.”
It is the lowest fares increase since 2004, City Hall points out.
Mayor Boris Johnson said: “We’ve deliberated long and hard to come up with an increase we think is fair to everyone during these tough economic times. This increase will allow cabbies to meet the annual increases in insurance and fuel costs.’’
You may also want to watch:
The rises follow consultations by TfL with the taxi trade, London TravelWatch passenger watchdog and the London Chamber of Commerce.
Tariff 1: Monday to Friday 6am-8pm, up 23p from �10.16 to �10.39.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Mulberry tree campaigners to take council to High Court
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
Tariff 2: Mon-Fri 8-10pm and weekends 6am-10pm, up 27p from �11.78 to �12.05.
Tariff 3: night-time 10pm-6am and public holidays, up 32p from �11.22 to �11.48.