London Tube passengers can now go on line’ and rant
THE London Assembly is inviting Tube passengers to go on line’ and rant about their overcrowded rush-hour trains or how many journeys are delayed through engineering work. The assembly’s transport committee' online questionnaire is appealing to commuters to tell them about their daily plight
THE London Assembly is inviting Tube passengers to go on line’ and rant about their overcrowded rush-hour trains or how many journeys are delayed through engineering work.
The assembly’s transport committee’s online questionnaire is appealing to commuters to tell them about their daily plight.
It is particularly looking at the newest section of the Tube network, the Jubilee Line opened 1979 and extended through East London only 10 years ago, which is closed most weekends for track modernisation.’
“We want the views of as many as possible to feed into our investigation,” said transport committee chair Caroline Pidgeon.
“Perhaps people on the Jubilee Line struggle to get to venues like the O2 Arena in North Greenwich when weekend works are taking place.”
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
Her committee wants to lend an ear about other trouble spots.
They mention commuters left in the lurch by the long closure of the East London Line which has been shut 18 months while being extended north from Whitechapel to Dalston and south from new Cross to Croydon. It doesn’t reopen until late 2010.