London Works agency helps job-seekers find work in Canary Wharf
- Credit: Archant
A new social enterprise and recruitment agency is offering job-seekers help finding work at companies in the City.
London Works was launched in January and its team of four advisers places permanent, contract and temporary workers in support, administrative, financial and secretarial roles at City and Canary Wharf companies.
The agency, run by the East London Business Alliance (ELBA), invests its earnings back into employability initiatives across east London.
An ELBA spokesman said: “We believe in the quality of local graduates and are convinced that any east Londoner, given a short-term placement or temporary contract, will prove so good that they’ll inevitably be offered a full-time job.”
London Works is also looking to improve diversity among corporate staff by challenging decision-makers about the talent on offer in east London.
You may also want to watch:
It also aims to give local candidates a share in the predicted growth in regional jobs in the next 10 years – which include 18,000 jobs at Asian Business Parks, 14,000 jobs at Silvertown Partnership and 80,000 jobs at Wood Wharf – by connecting them directly to companies and raising their aspirations.
London Works is supported by Barclays, University of East London, City of London and Mayor of London.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
For more visit london-works.com.