Londoners could save water and a packet with water advice centre
LONDONERS could save around �18 million per year and 110,000 tonnes of CO2 – enough to fill Wembley Stadium 14 times, if they reduced time in the shower by one minute. The Energy Saving Trust has joined forces with Waterwise to launch a new water adv
LONDONERS could save around �18 million per year and 110,000 tonnes of CO2 - enough to fill Wembley Stadium 14 times, if they reduced time in the shower by one minute.
The Energy Saving Trust has joined forces with Waterwise to launch a new water advice service in London as well as Cardiff and Edinburgh to help city dwellers reduce their use of water from a whopping 150 litres a day.
Londoners told researchers they spend longer in the shower than anyone else - a water wasting 9.21 minutes, compared with the UK average of 8.45 minutes.
They also take more baths than anyone else in the country, wallowing in 122 baths a year.
You may also want to watch:
But the cost of heating water in the home eats up 30 per cent of the cash spent on the average gas bill, not to mention the impact on the environment.
Tips on slashing energy and water use in the home along with cutting costs are available from the Energy Saving Trust advice centre on 0800 512 012 or www.energysavingtrust.org.uk
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 4 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 5 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 6 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
- 10 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene