Londoners could save water and a packet with water advice centre
LONDONERS could save around �18 million per year and 110,000 tonnes of CO2 – enough to fill Wembley Stadium 14 times, if they reduced time in the shower by one minute. The Energy Saving Trust has joined forces with Waterwise to launch a new water adv
LONDONERS could save around �18 million per year and 110,000 tonnes of CO2 - enough to fill Wembley Stadium 14 times, if they reduced time in the shower by one minute.
The Energy Saving Trust has joined forces with Waterwise to launch a new water advice service in London as well as Cardiff and Edinburgh to help city dwellers reduce their use of water from a whopping 150 litres a day.
Londoners told researchers they spend longer in the shower than anyone else - a water wasting 9.21 minutes, compared with the UK average of 8.45 minutes.
They also take more baths than anyone else in the country, wallowing in 122 baths a year.
You may also want to watch:
But the cost of heating water in the home eats up 30 per cent of the cash spent on the average gas bill, not to mention the impact on the environment.
Tips on slashing energy and water use in the home along with cutting costs are available from the Energy Saving Trust advice centre on 0800 512 012 or www.energysavingtrust.org.uk
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single