Londoners could save water and a packet with water advice centre
LONDONERS could save around �18 million per year and 110,000 tonnes of CO2 – enough to fill Wembley Stadium 14 times, if they reduced time in the shower by one minute. The Energy Saving Trust has joined forces with Waterwise to launch a new water adv
LONDONERS could save around �18 million per year and 110,000 tonnes of CO2 - enough to fill Wembley Stadium 14 times, if they reduced time in the shower by one minute.
The Energy Saving Trust has joined forces with Waterwise to launch a new water advice service in London as well as Cardiff and Edinburgh to help city dwellers reduce their use of water from a whopping 150 litres a day.
Londoners told researchers they spend longer in the shower than anyone else - a water wasting 9.21 minutes, compared with the UK average of 8.45 minutes.
They also take more baths than anyone else in the country, wallowing in 122 baths a year.
You may also want to watch:
But the cost of heating water in the home eats up 30 per cent of the cash spent on the average gas bill, not to mention the impact on the environment.
Tips on slashing energy and water use in the home along with cutting costs are available from the Energy Saving Trust advice centre on 0800 512 012 or www.energysavingtrust.org.uk
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 9 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 10 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party