Londoners face carbon monoxide poisoning, say researchers
MOST households in London could be at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning because they don’t realise the dangers, a survey has found. One-out-of-10 homes are at risk from the highly-poisonous gas that has no colour taste and smell
MOST households in London could be at risk from carbon monoxide poisoning because they don’t realise the dangers, a survey has found.
Researchers say one-out-of-10 homes are at risk from the highly-poisonous gas that has no colour taste and smell.
It is impossible to detect without an audible alarm, the carbon monoxide be alarmed’ campaign warns.
Presenter Kirstie Allsopp, from TV’s Location, Location, Location show, who is fronting the campaign for more audio detectors, said: “I’m shocked at how few people realise the risks.
You may also want to watch:
“Audible alarms are the only way to be sure of detecting this silent killer.”
Nearly-one-in-five London households t think carbon monoxide poisoning is rare, the survey findings released today show.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
Londoners are also less well-informed than other regions of Britain, say campaigners.
Researchers found 41 per cent did not know carbon monoxide has no smell, compared with 18 per cent national average, 32 per cent didn’t know it is invisible (compared with nine per cent) and 31 per cent didn’t know it was harmful (eight per cent).