Love and loss at Bethnal Green Library
A TALE of love and loss played out over the backdrop of the upheaval of wartime will be explored at an author event at Bethnal Green. The library in Cambridge Heath Road will play host to film producer and tv documentary maker Rosie Alison, whose debut
A TALE of love and loss played out over the backdrop of the upheaval of wartime will be explored at an author event at Bethnal Green.
The library in Cambridge Heath Road will play host to film producer and tv documentary maker Rosie Alison, whose debut novel The Very Thought of You has collected awards.
She will be talking about writing novels at the event at the library on Saturday March 20 from 2pm to 4pm when tea and cake will be served.
The book has been shortlisted for the 2010 Romantic Novel of the Year award and long-listed for the Prince Maurice prize whose winner spends a fortnight in a luxury hotel on the island of Mauritius.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Alison's book features eight-year-old Anna who is evacuated from London to escape the Blitz to an estate in Yorkshire and stays with a childless couple. She is an unwitting witness to a love affair which develops during the turbulent days of wartime.
The author has also co-produced recent movies The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas and Michael Caine's latest movie Is Anybody There?
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 2 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 3 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 6 Early front-runners for Leyton Orient managerial vacancy
- 7 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 8 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
Copies of her novel are available to borrow from the library in advance of the gathering.