Lovebox turns up the heat in Victoria Park as fans enjoy heatwave music fest
- Credit: Lovebox
Tens of thousands packed Victoria Park for the weekend Lovebox music festival with tight security to make sure no drugs or weapons were smuggled into the enclosure venue.
Glass bottles were also banned “for safety reasons” while revellers were prohibited from bringing in their own snacks—but rather more for the licensed vendors safeguarding their business than “safety”.
Headliners LCD Soundsystem were centre stage, along with acts including Australian phenomenon Chet Faker, chart-bothering crooner Jack Garratt the never-stopping Jackmaste energy train.
Lovebox welcomed back West Stage presented by Soundcrash. The fabric stage, making its world debut, had a line-up of DJs.
The Saturday big night followed last Friday’s carnival fun day in the park. Lovebox revellers were reclining in the VIP area if they weren’t dancing, shopping for sequins in the boutiques or trying the London streetfood on sale.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers described th festival as “an epic end to an incredible two days of Lovebox magic”, as LCD Soundsystem closed with All My Friends.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week